Every day, workers become injured on the job or develop an illness from exposure to toxic chemicals or lack of training in the workplace. Workers’ compensation laws in Florida have two primary principles:
- The worker who becomes ill or who is injured while “on the job” should not have to pay for his or her medical expenses
- They should not worry about rushing their recovery in order to return to work.
Florida employers carry workers’ compensation insurance that provides qualified workers with a benefit to cover their medical expenses and a portion of their wages so these workers can focus on their recovery.
Disputes Can Arise in an Orlando Workers’ Compensation Cases
Not all workers’ compensation cases run without conflict and conflicts can arise. During the course of the claim some employers may object and believe that:
- The employee injury was not “work-related” because it did not occur while they were “on the job”.
- The employee has not been honest in the extent of their injuries and is thereby receiving compensation for injuries they did not sustain.
- The worker’s injuries were pre-existing.
So, the employee must follow a procedure set forth by Florida statutes and try to mediate the dispute through a certified mediator. Dennis is a Florida Bar Certified Mediator and helps parties find common ground and work out a solution to the disagreement to avoid the traditional appeals and expensive court costs which can take months, if not years, to resolve.
Orlando Mediation Workers’ Compensation Settlement
- Mediation is not about forcing you to settle your claim or pointing a finger and saying that one side is right and the other is wrong.
- A mediator’s role is so that all parties attempt to find common ground and attempt to resolve their differences through an agreement that is win-win for both parties.
- There is no requirement that the parties must reach an agreement or agree to terms they do not find acceptable this simply allows all parties to settle and move forward.
Why Select Our Orlando Mediation Service?
- In order to benefit from mediation, you must have a talented, resourceful, and professional mediator to assist in facilitating discussions and coming to an agreement.
- We are able to provide this service to our mediation clients to help you obtain a fair and mutually-satisfactory outcome in your disagreement to settle.