Relax. We can help.

Injured on the job? Lost in the system? Over 30 years of helping clients like you get the help and relief you need.


Florida Worker’s Compensation Law Firm

You work hard every day.  Now let us work for you.

The worker’s compensation law in Florida is excessively intricate and frustrating. For many, the additional burden of paperwork and miles of red tape on top of injury is just too much. The good news is: We are here to help you.

With over 30 years of experience, we have a holistic understanding of the system, including filing for benefits, appealing denied claims, explaining your options for medical treatment, and any unique factors specific to your case. We represent workers and their families throughout central Florida with all types of worker’s compensation issues.

There is a tremendous emotional investment involved in worker’s compensation cases. Call 407-649-7746 to schedule your free consultation.

workers comp law firm

Areas of Practice

First Responders

Workplace Accidents

Workplace Injuries

We are dedicated to helping victims injured in the workplace. We understand the worker's compensation system and what to expect when filing a claim.

Dennis Smejkal Attorney

Meet Dennis

Before starting his own firm, Dennis attended the Brevard County Public School system. After three years in the U.S. Navy, he attended Brevard Community College while in the U.S. Navy Reserve. Dennis graduated from the University of Florida in 1982, then Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in 1987. He began representing injured workers in the law firm of Hurt & Parrish, P.A., from 1988 to 1993. Dennis was also a partner at the law firm of Parrish & Smejkal, P.A., from 1993 to 2008.

Contact Me
Dena Smejkal Attorney

Meet Dena

Born and raised in Orlando, FL Dena has been a figure at the Law Office of Dennis Dean Smejkal, P.A. since 2008.  Working in the office gave Dena the inside view of the work it takes to be the best Worker’s Compensation Attorney.  This experienced further solidified Dena’s desire to become an attorney.  Dena graduated from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in 2016 with her Juris Doctor and has been a practicing attorney at the Law Office of Dennis Dean Smejkal, P.A. since 2020.

Contact Me

Representing workers and their families

We represent workers and their families in Orlando and throughout Central Florida with all types of worker's compensation issues, including filing for benefits, appealing denied claims, explaining your options for medical treatment and any unique factors specific to your case.


We are a Boutique Law Firm

Smejkal Law is a boutique law firm based in Orlando, FL, specializing in Florida worker’s compensation law. Dedicated to representing injured workers and first responders, the firm commits to obtaining worker’s compensation benefits swiftly and effectively. Smejkal Law operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients only pay if they receive a settlement or award, aligning the firm’s interests with achieving the best possible outcome for clients.

The firm prides itself on its readiness to litigate aggressively against insurance companies, ensuring they don’t minimize payouts to clients. Initial consultations are free, emphasizing the firm’s client-centered approach by taking the time to understand each client’s unique situation and needs thoroughly. By focusing exclusively on worker’s compensation cases, Smejkal Law has developed deep expertise and dedicated resources to manage these complex cases, standing as a formidable advocate throughout the negotiation and litigation process.

Because of our size we have a hands-on approach, we interact and build relationships with all of our clients, and since we specialize in one area of practice we have the expertise to know the laws of worker’s compensation issues. If you are looking for the firm that will pick up your call, email or text and not let it get lost, then we are the firm to help you out.

Learn More

More about our unique cases for clients and first responders

Cases and Results

Workman’s Compensation FAQ

If you’ve been injured on the job or fallen victim to a work-related illness, there are many question you may have about your rights and how you’ll be compensated.  Below are common questions and click here for a full list of Workers’ Compensation questions.

When and how do I report my work-related injury or illness?

You Must Tell Your Employer

You must report your injury or illness to your employer within 30 days from the date of injury or the date you knew it was work-related, or you may lose your right to benefits.

What conditions are presumed to be work-related?

Under Florida law, some diseases are presumed to be work-related: smallpox, tuberculosis, other respiratory illnesses, certain cancers, heart attack, and stroke.

What benefits are under workman's compensation?

  • Medical – All treatments, procedures, and office visits
  • Lost wages – Workers’ comp will still provide you with your regular pay
  • Disability – Temporary or permanent payments to make up for lost wages
  • Death benefits – Benefits paid to the survivor’s dependents, including a stipend for funeral expenses

Can I get worker’s comp if my job makes me sick?

Yes, if you become ill due to your workplace environment or duties, then you are eligible for worker’s compensation benefits.

What can I do if I need to see a doctor for my work injury, but my employer won’t approve my claim?

The first thing to do is to find out why your employer won’t approve your claim. Are you an independent contractor, and not an employee? Is the employer claiming that the injury isn’t work-related or that you were intoxicated when the incident occurred?

Regardless of the reason, you still need medical treatment.  We will walk you through what to do next. You are entitled to see a doctor, and you should not deprive yourself of medical treatment, but having legal protection may be necessary to ensure coverage.

Do you have more questions? Injured in a work accident? Call now.

You have rights after being injured at work. Visit my Frequently Asked Questions area, our Resources area, or contact me. I will evaluate your case and help you every step of the way.