Serious Injuries Require Experienced Legal Representation
Work injuries can lead to serious issues that can make it difficult to continue working or function like you used to. To protect your rights, it is best to work with an experienced lawyer before it's too late.
I am Dennis Dean Smejkal, founding attorney of The Law Office of Dennis Dean Smejkal, P.A. I have more than 30 years of experience representing injured workers in Orlando and Central Florida.
Common Types Of Injuries
Workplace injuries can happen suddenly or over a long period of time. I know what factors to review and have represented victims with all types of injuries, including:
- Back injuries
- Brain injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Eye injuries
- Hip and knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
I can help, whether you have been injured in a sudden unexpected accident or due to repetitive stress caused by your job duties.
How I Can Help You
I understand workers' compensation laws. My experience and knowledge of the system helps me handle all aspects of your claim. You have the right to file a workers' compensation claim after a work injury.
I know what you are going through and the challenges you face. I provide detailed, one-on-one advice regarding your case. I can help you with:
- Filing a claim or appealing a denied claim
- Assisting with managed care arrangements
- Evaluating evidence
- Determining the major contributing cause of injury
- Assisting with the one-time change of doctor
- Obtaining an independent medical examination
- Using an expert medical advisor
- Searching for employment
- Assisting with Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements
- Assisting with Social Security Disability issues
You only have a certain amount of time to apply for workers' compensation benefits after being injured. I will walk you through the entire process so you know what to expect and so all of your questions are answered.